Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Car Style - The Ferrari 360 Modena

I'll be honest. I never liked the F355's looks, which is why I loved this newer Ferrari. Before the 360 Modena would be succeeded by the F430, this was the car I declared my true love. The one fault to this car for me was that it wasn't powerful enough. I can tell you that I absolutely love this car. Still do. I'm here to talk about how I think the car looks. My Car Style segments pertain only to how I think a car looks, so don't expect any driving reviews or anything.

The car (from: dragtimes.com):








--- Car Style: The Ferrari 360 Modena ---

Exterior.
The Ferrari 360 Modena is both sporty and elegant at the same time. While this car lacks serious aggression, it's still nothing to be turned off on about this car. Two small headlights are encased in glass up front along with turn signals. Two side openings on the front bumper are styled cleanly under the headlight clusters. There's another opening front and center feeding air into that Ferrari V8. The car is just the way I like sports cars- low and wide. This car doesn't disappoint. The front bonnet is in no way aggressive, but I've seen lovely racing models of the Ferrari 360 Modena with a more aggressive front.

From the sides, the Modena seduces you and entices you with sweet lines and subtle aggression. There are openings on the sides of the front bumper, near the rear wheels, and above the rear wheels. Its swoopy character is beautiful. The five-spoke wheels are shaped like starfish. Perhaps this is to show that this is Ferrari's new star on the road, succeeding the F355.

A few cues from the 355 were brought to the rear of the car, namely the light designs. Most 360 Modenas I see have a blacked-out piece where the taillight arrangements are. A pair of mufflers with twin tailpipes deck out the rear of this beautiful car. Above the Ferrari prancing horse is a long taillight. This taillight arrangement is part of a subtle lip-type spoiler at the rear. The lovely rear windshield shows you the sweet-sounding Ferrari V8. The rear valance is both sporty and racy.


Interior.
The interior of the 360 Modena is as lovely as its exterior. A sporty Ferrari steering wheel features the Prancing Horse of Ferrari in a yellow emblem. The dashboard looks best in black with a few almond or camel colored accents. The instrument panel is fairly clean with a nice set of gauges. The tachometer suggests that this car maxes out at 10000 rpm. I may be wrong, but I think this car was capable of 193 mph when it first came out. A digital odometer can be found in the speedometer. It can be a bit hard trying to find out how much gas you have left in the car, though. A nice set of circular air conditioning events, five in all, help keep you cool while driving this red hot Ferrari. It comes with a nice radio unit and some extra controls. This car comes with a 6-speed gate-type manual transmission. The shifter and shift knob looks like a big metallic lollipop. Only thing is that, I doubt you can get to that Tootsie Roll center of this lollipop. Plush seats help make sure you comfortably enjoy the beautiful 360 Modena.





The Ferrari 360 Modena may have not had boastful looks or an overbearing personality, but it was truly one of the most beautiful Ferraris in recent memory. I fell in love with this car since first seeing it in print back in 1999. I would go on to love the F430, but still consider the 360 Modena a beautiful car. I loved seeing racing models of this car ranging from Ferrari Challenge cars to 360 GT cars from various teams. That even includes my hometown sportscar racing team, Risi Competizione. These days, the F430 succeeded the 360 Modena, then the 458 Italia succeeded the F430. The 360 Modena was a very beautiful car. Still is.


UPDATE: 3/28/2010
If you are looking for car parts for your car or the car I mentioned, I invite you to use either the Amazon Auto Part Finder widget on the side. Or click on the link at the end of this sentence, as it links you to Amazon Auto Part Finder. Please read "An Important Amazon Note" in the sidebar for more information on Amazon products. Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment