Friday, December 18, 2009

Car Style - The Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R Aero

The car: The Nissan S15 Silvia Spec-R Aero

Other than the Toyota 2000GT, I think the S15 Silvia is one of the most beautiful Japanese cars ever made. It's also the most beautiful Japanese car never offered to the United States. However, you could purchase some kits to convert your 240SX into an S15 Silvia. The specific model I'm referring to is the S15 Silvia Spec-R Aero, which was in production between 1999 and 2002. I admit that I am not much of a Nissan fan. But if I could name one that I'd call the most beautiful ever, the Silvia (especially the S15 Silvia) would be my front runner. Nissan Silvias were always ones for drifting, and you'd be hard-pressed to find somebody who doesn't drift with a Silvia, let alone the S15 Silvia I'm set to discuss in styling.



I've always loved this car. I've loved it most either in silver or in Brilliant Blue. This car's lines are beautiful and graceful. The headlights are small, but styled beautifully. Two fog lights add some extra loveliness to this graciously beautiful car. The graceful character extends to its side profile. This is a sporty car, but doesn't pack any real aggression on the outside. Of course, try saying "no real aggression" considering this car is powered by the legendary SR20DET growling under this car. The rear of this car combines elegance with sportiness. The rather tall (but not MKIV Toyota Supra tall) wing-like spoiler gives this car a GT-style appearance. The tail lights look very nice, adding to the sporty style of this car. A big muffler rests on the left side of the rear bumper. A detail I've failed to mention is the little lightning bolt detail on the front hood. Perhaps giving an indication that this car can go quick... like a bolt of lightning! :)

The inside is sporty. Not overly luxurious, but certainly geared those who want a capable Japanese sports car. The front steering wheel is fairly simple, even with the little lightning bolt on the steering wheel. The center console is fairly simple and very nice.



Again, it's a great shame this car was never brought to the United States. This is a beautiful car with great style. And quite possibly... one of the most beautiful Japanese cars ever made. I think you can still get some kits to convert your 240SX into an S15 Silvia. But still, the S15 Silvia is my favorite of the Silvia models. Maybe it's yours too?

Don't forget that if you see something of mine that you like here on my blog, PLEASE comment! Let me know you care about what you're reading by subscribing (via RSS) and offering comments. Let me know that I have an audience and a following online. Do me this favor... please?

No comments:

Post a Comment